Friday, March 8, 2013

D.I.Y: Polka Dot Jeans

MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Lily' polka-dot skinny jean           Polka dot jeans are probably my favorite fashion piece for spring! Its easy to match and super chic. (: I think the best polka-dot jeans I've seen were by Marc Jacobs. Sadly its $295, a bit disappointing. Luckily it's really easy to make your own! So that means it's D.I.Y TIME! This D.I.Y is very cheap and inexpensive. Lets get started.
Here are the materials you are going to need:

  • a pair of jeans ( shorts if you prefer )
  • wooden pencil with an unused eraser
  • fabric paint
  • tape
         Now that you have all your materials its time to lay out your shorts/jeans. Get your tape out and place it diagonal both ways left and right. Place tape all over the denim. Make sure to watch the video for more of a clear understanding. Then get your fabric paint and pencil. Dip the eraser of the pencil into the fabric paint and in between the tape create dots! Then let your jeans dry, and you are done. (: 

   I suggest you watch the video to understand more if your a bit confused! I hope you guys try this D.I.Y. Its really simple and easy, it'll also save you lots of money. Thank you so much for reading this post. (: - Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment